Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm Glad Thats Over

Wow.

I've said everywhere I've gone today that last night's game 7 was one of the best games I've seen in a looooooong time.  That series as a whole was easily the best of this year, and of the last couple years, and I don't care what you say about an anticlimactic WSH/PIT series.  That was some phenomenal hockey, and the Ducks have nothing to be ashamed of.  Oftentimes such close games (and series) are decided on fluky goals.  This year, we happened to get the fluky (though legit) goal, and we won the series.  If the Ducks had won last night, I would've been disappointed, but I wouldn't really have even been mad, because the Ducks just played so well.  

Massive props to the Ducks on a helluva series.  I hate those guys so much, mostly because I honestly fear them in the playoffs, and this is why.  But at the same time, there is a huge amount of respect there, because as a team, they're one of the best.

Thanks to Art and Dan of Anaheim Calling, for their work on this blog with me.  It's been a fun ride, and we've had some good hockey discussion along the way.  I've definitely added you guys to my bookmarks.  

And thanks to those of you that stopped by to follow our coverage on the series.  Hopefully you enjoyed it.  I'll be seeing you in whatever round 3 action we do here at CLS, and you can now catch me at my own blog that I've just started, over at Sacrifice the Body.  I'll be doing most of the Wings-centric stuff here.  My general plan for StB is mostly NHL-in-general type stuff, and I've got a few big posts over there that I'm already working on.  Hopefully even you non-Wings fans will like it.  

Great job, everyone.

Also, I have a huge mancrush on Darren Helm.

No comments:

Post a Comment